Higgs Farms in Price Maryland
Launch Site Info:
- Our waiver is for 17,000′ MSL, 16,900′ AGL.
- The Launch will run from 9am to 6pm Saturday & Sunday.
- Help with setup and/or take down on is appreciated.
- Launch Fees for both days are $10 for MDRA members.
- Spectators may watch for free.
- We have plenty of pads, rods and rails of varying sizes to get your rocket in the air
Hamburgers, hot dogs, and sodas are available for purchase from the Road Kill Cafe. Selected weekends will feature their World famous Barbecued Chicken.
Higgs Farm Fields
This is a rocket launch, enter at own risk. You are responsible for your own safety.
- Tune in to 88.9 FM in you car radio for flights in progress.
- Please STAY on the road.
- Please drive slowly on the dirt road to the field.
- Please be aware of children and adults retrieving rockets.
- Park ONLY in designated parking areas (green areas.)
- Absolutely no vehicles in the fields.
- Questions are always welcomed at the registration/RSO tables.
Higgs Farm Recovery Zone
Rockets coming to rest outside of the green boundaries will require permission before recovery.
Please honor the landowner and seek a MDRA BOD member before venturing outside of these boundaries.
250 Ell Downes Road
Church Hill, MD 21640
Field GPS coordinates:
N 39 deg 4.7125 min – W 75 deg 52.58075 min
From the Baltimore/Washington area, take US 50 east across the
Bay Bridge. After 9 miles MD 301 splits from US 50. Follow MD 301 north to
MD 405 (Price, Maryland). Turn right (south) on MD 405 and go about 2 miles
and turn left onto Murphy Road. Follow Murphy to the “T” intersection
with Roe-Ingleside Road. Turn left onto Roe-Ingleside Road. Go about 1/4 mile
and turn right onto Bridgetown Road. Continue about 1/2 mile and turn left onto
Ell Downes Road. Turn in at the first driveway on your left.
From points North: Take 95 south to the Rt 896 exit (last exit before toll.) Follow signs to 301 south through Middletown DE. Pass into MD after about 17 miles. After passing Pfalzgroft Road get in left lane. Make next left onto 544. Follow to the end, About 200 yards then right at stop sign to 313 south. Pass through Sudlersville, through Barclay (last place to eat at RR tracks in Barclay.) After about 4+ miles from Barclay make HARD right onto Ell Downes Rd. Second driveway is the field.